Panera Bread Broccoli Cheddar Soup Copycat Recipe
Makes about 4 servings
- 1/2 stick of butter (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups half and half (or 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of heavy cream)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped small
- 4 cups broccoli florets (about 1 head)
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bread Bowls
Cook the butter, onion, and garlic on about medium heat until tender.
Slowly add the half and half and chicken stock. Mix the corn starch with a little bit of water until there are no clumps and add it to the rest. Add the nutmeg and bay leaves and cook on medium low until thickened.
Add the carrot and broccoli and simmer until tender. Discard the bay leaves. Add the cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper and serve in bread bowls.
Article source: http://www.yammiesnoshery.com/2013/12/panera-bread-broccoli-cheddar-soup.html
If you are interested in Paleo Recipes, you can get Over 370 easy Paleo Recipes : Click HerePaleo Recipe Book!
If you are interested in Quick and easy Fat Burning recipes, you can get 9 cookbook: Click Here The Complete Metabolic Cooking Package!