Low Carb Double Chocolate Walnut Brownies Recipe
Prep: 30 min
Inactive: 1 hr
Cook: 40 min
- 1 1/2 tablespoons wheat bran, or oat bran
- 1 1/4 cups plus 1/2 tablespoon soy flour
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon no sugar added vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Low Carb Chocolate Frosting, recipe follows
- Special Equipment: 8-inch square baking pan
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Spray pan with nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray. Set aside. Mix wheat bran and 1/2 tablespoon soy flour together and sprinkle evenly over the inside of the greased pan, also coating the sides.
Place the unsweetened chocolate and butter in a steel bowl and melt over a saucepan of simmering water. Whisk in 1 cup sugar substitute and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Once thoroughly blended, turn off heat and keep warm until needed.
With an electric mixer on high, beat the eggs, 1 cup sugar substitute and the vanilla extract just until blended. Reduce to low speed and then blend in the chocolate mixture.
With a wooden spoon, mix in the baking powder, 1 1/4 cups soy flour, walnuts, and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Spread evenly into the prepared pan and bake on the center rack for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (Do not over-bake or brownies will be dry and hard.) Cool completely before frosting with low carb chocolate frosting. Cut into 5 rows by 5 rows to make 25 pieces.
Low Carb Chocolate Frosting:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (not melted)
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon no sugar added vanilla extract
- Few drops hot water, as needed, to thin consistency
Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Use to frost brownies, but make sure brownies are completely cooled, or the butter in the frosting will melt.
Article source: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/low-carb-double-chocolate-walnut-brownies-recipe.html?oc=linkback
If you are interested in Paleo Recipes, you can get Over 370 easy Paleo Recipes : Click HerePaleo Recipe Book!
If you are interested in Quick and easy Fat Burning recipes, you can get 9 cookbook: Click Here The Complete Metabolic Cooking Package!